Due to our continued success and exciting plans for expansion, we are currently recruiting for a Part Time Baker within our milk&more business to work 30 hours a week (evening shifts), 6 out of 7 days.
The Baker will report directly to their Operations Manager and will be directly responsible for service levels, sales and operational issues within their Fulfilment Centre.
• To ensure, at all times, that service levels in the Centre are maintained in line with customer requirements, deal promptly and effectively with customer complaints in accordance with company procedures.
• To manage product stock levels to ensure maximum availability at all times with the lowest possible cost.
• To ensure that all Delivery Drivers receive what they require for their deliveries in a timely manner.
• To ensure that all products are cooked within the guidelines set and quality is maintained at all times.
• To ensure that products are packed and labelled accurately in accordance with all MQS standards.
• To identify local opportunities to improve business performance and promote milk&more at every opportunity
• To support the Culture change programme.
• To ensure all Centre processes work effectively and efficiently
• Encourage Delivery Drivers to distribute promotional literature.
• Participate in all promotional activity regarding the Bakery or its products.
• To ensure that the Bakery is kept clean and hygienic at all times with special attention after each baking session.
• To adhere, action and complete to the cleaning schedule daily without exception.
• To ensure that all Mandatory Quality Standards and Health and Safety measures are put in place and adhered too.
• To ensure that the weights and measures legislation is adhered too and recorded on a daily basis.
• To ensure that the Freezer is clean and tidy with the correct stock holding.
• Order Bakery products to ensure fulfilment of requirements (includes cleaning and sundries supplies).
• To ensure that all products are cooked thoroughly and presented within guidelines.
• To ensure that all products are packed and labelled correctly and orders are made up accurately for the Delivery rounds.
• Move the Bakery from the current turnover of 470 units per week to 800 units per week
• Support Operations manager to ensure all agreed KPIs are achieved
Skills Knowledge and Experience
• The job holder should ideally have experience in a commercial kitchen or bakery
• A proven track record in organisational skills.
• Able to communicate clearly and motivate Centre employees
• Demonstrate a passion and proven track record to deliver excellent customer service.
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and work in a time critical environment.
• The jobholder should ideally have a Food Hygiene Qualification.
• Outgoing personality, ability to engage with colleagues at all levels and understand individuals needs and capabilities.
• Passion for the business and its future.
• Understands the link between customer service and the impact of the external environment.
• Achieves team buy in by a compelling communication style.
• Drives own personal development.
• Determines what is critical to deliver and prioritises accordingly.
• Is decisive and has the ability to make decisions to meet business demands.
• Must be available to work evenings.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.milkandmore.co.uk